What is it?
Insurance is a means of financial protection in case anything goes wrong in a number of contexts such as medical, property and finance.
Working in insurance requires you to either sell insurance packages to clients, provide consultation and / or predict the likelihood of an event happening.
What skills do you need?
Analytical ➕ Communication ➕ Customer Service ➕ Quick learner ➕ Professionalism ➕ Strong maths
- Direct Line
- Allianz SE
- Recent grad - £32,000
- Actuary - £51,000
- Department manager - £95,000
- Chief Actuary - £206,000
- Claims broker: £35,000+
- Risk Analyst: £41,603 (£70,000+ with 10+ years of experience)
What qualifications do you need?
GCSEs & A Levels. It is nice to have a degree in economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, stats, business or chartered qualification
Link to blog / stories linking to this industry / link to Uptree events etc
Pathway options / different routes in / next steps
- Advance Degree
- Training courses
- Apprenticeships are widely available for this field
- Be great in your niche rather than be a generalist
- Learn from experienced co-workers
- Having a degree in anything can get you into insurance
- Claims broker
- Risk Analyst