Equitix: Fund Finance Assistant London
Monday, April 5, 2021
Please note applications for this role are on a rolling basis, with no set closing date or start date. Equitix will be assesing applications as and when they come in, with flexibility on the start date.
Equitix Investment Management Limited has a proven track record of raising and successfully investing capital from Local Authority and Corporate Pension Funds into core infrastructure assets. Our development activity provides a sustainable pipeline of reliable investment opportunities for the Equitix Funds in addition to opportunities we acquire in the secondary market.
Our experienced fund management team are then committed to managing the investments which are held for the length of the concession providing reliable 25 year returns for the investors as well as stability of ownership for the public sector client.
In this permanent role, you'll act as a key member of the Infrastructure team contributing to the daily operational support and administration of nominated Funds and Group entities.
Supporting the team day-to-day, key responsibilities will include the timely processing and monitoring of all payments and receivables across a number of trading companies. Over time as the role progresses there is the possibility of some carried interest in the funds, and/or equity in the bussines.
Training and Development
There is the opportunity to study for a professional accountancy qualification and move forward in a financial career. Following qualification and experience we would expect progression to a senior finance assistant and ultimately a financial controller role.
Following on from this there are opportunities to specialise within finance in Investment tax and structuring, new fund establishment, or active management and optimisation of existing funds, as well as the corporate business, and as a result, develop into key business partnering roles with investment, business development or asset management
As the business grows we expect further opportunities to open up, whether moving sideways into other departments, or working for the business around the globe.
Timely and accurate processing of transactions across designated Fund Entities to include:
- Processing and posting of purchase invoices and payments
- Ensure all filing of Fund and project documents are done (Sales Invoices, Expense Invoices, Bank statements, Vat returns)
- Raising and posting deal/ project related sales invoices and cash receipts
- Monitoring receivables and highlighting recoverability issues
- Assisting with the collection of outstanding receivables
- Timely updating of Revenue tracker documents by project
- Assist with the process and checks for Fund Close and share allotments
- Resolving ad-hoc project queries
Management of Fund/ Project Cash Balances to include:
- Daily cash review to ensure sufficient cash for various payment commitments
- Performing regular bank reconciliations
- Timely filing of documents
- Updating Fund payments and receipts in the relevant control spreadsheets
Timely and accurate preparation and submission of VAT returns to include:
- Running of VAT reports on a monthly basis
- Review of all VAT allocation of all invoices
- Reconciliation of VAT control accounts on Sun
Monitoring and posting VAT recoverable
- Timely payment and posting of VAT payable
- Dealing with ad-hoc HMRC enquiries
Timely and accurate processing of transactions across designated Group entities to include:
- Processing and posting of Fund related purchase invoices and payments;
- Recharged expenses are monitored, cash flowed and reconciled;
- Annual Fees invoices are raised, posted and cash flowed;
- Monitoring of aged debtors and creditor for balances relating to designated Funds;
- Assist with the reconciliation of other Group balances relating to designated Funds
Year End Statutory Reporting:
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit files
- Assist with compiling supporting documents for year-end audits
Provision of Further Ad-hoc Tasks:
- Investor and Fund related queries from the CRT and Client Services teams
- Fund related queries from other departments in the business
- Ad-hoc projects
Who should apply?
Graduates with 2:1 or above at degree level + strong A-levels and GCSEs.
Equitix are looking for quick learners, with confidence to work independently and a diligent work ethic and ability to prioritise the processing of large volumes of transactions. You should have strong excel skills and keen attention to detail and a team player with excellent organisational skills. Good telephone manner and written skills
How should I apply?
Please email Tracey Newman, (Equitix Human Resources): firstname.lastname@example.org with a short covering letter and CV
The starting salary for this role is £28,000 per annum.