FuturesUP FESTIVAL 2021: Day 3: Yorkshire, North East, North West, Scotland online
Friday, February 12, 2021
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Please note: this event is currently an online session in accordance with our current company policy regarding public health and hosting events. This may change before the event but you will be updated regularly if this is the case.
All students are welcome to register to attend, regardless of location - you just need a reliable internet connection or telephone dial-in. Platform TBC
Each day at FuturesUP Festival is focused on specific locations. You will be selected to attend one day depending on both your industry interests and location. Please make sure you fill out your application correctly so we can match you to employers in your local communities!
Working out what to do when you finish school is really important. In fact, it could be one of the biggest choices you’ll ever make. That’s why next year, we’ll be hosting our first #FuturesUP festival, and you’re invited! We're hosting it over three days, with each day focussed on a different region, so you can meet with employers in your local region, depending on where you live!
Hosted across 3 days, you’ll be able to engage directly with world-class employers whilst gaining valuable online work experience across a range of industries. You’ll be able to discover whereabouts your current subjects can take you, deep dive into interesting topics led by business professionals, and think BIG when it comes to writing an application or CV. The careers represented may include:
Technology, Business, Insurance, Finance, Accounting, Investment Banking, Consultancy, Intelligence and Security, Cybersecurity, Engineering & Healthcare.
Day 3 will be focussed on companies and students based in Yorkshire, the North East and North West of England, and Scotland.
- Welcome by Uptree
- Headline Webinar with an inspirational speaker from J.P. Morgan
- Speed Networking with GSK, J.P. Morgan and Gallagher
- Speed Networking with KPMG, GCHQ and PwC
- Uptree Ambassador Story & Q&A
Why you should attend:
1. Be inspired about different careers available and discover where your grades & experiences can take you
2. Gain access to a professional network of industry leaders and decision-makers, these are the people who could hold the key to your future career!
3. Ask questions & hear first-hand stories from current apprentices, graduates, Uptree alumni and professionals from our partner companies. These are people who really understand your position and have been through the process themselves!
4. Improve your confidence when applying to jobs in the future. Get a true insight into what makes an application stand out, whereabouts to start, how to interview and what company culture really means - plus much more!
Am I eligible and how do I apply?
We welcome all Uptree students who are beginning to think about their next steps, who are interested in learning more about apprenticeships, or who are hoping to gain work experience opportunities, find internships or just who are intrigued to know more.
To apply, you will need to create an Uptree account and click the ‘apply now’ button on the side of the page. If you have any questions about FuturesUP Festival, please get in touch with our Education team at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Register for this interactive networking session via your Uptree account - there are only limited spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
2. Priority will be given to those students who clearly express their interest in attending and are based in Yorkshire, the North East and North West of England, and Scotland.
3. Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
4. Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
5. If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is unfortunately unsuccessful for this event.