What is it?
The healthcare industry is an intersection of professions that provide medical attention and support and help to patients who need it.
What skills do you need?
Strong communication and interpersonal skills ➕ Emotional stability ➕ Flexibility ➕ Strong work ethic and time management ➕ Ability to deal with pressure ➕ Self-confidence ➕ Ability to deal with criticism
- Harley Street Private Clinic
- London Bridge Hospital
- Doctor - £74,504 a year and £100,446 a year
- Nurse - £22,128 - £28,746 (Band 5 of the NHS Agenda for Change Pay Rates)
- Band 6, salaries progress to £26,565 to £35,577
- Junior doctor - £22,636. This increases in Foundation year 2 to £28,076. If you're a doctor in specialist training your basic starting salary is £30,002.
- Midwife - Salaries for newly qualified midwives are set at Band 5, which starts at £21,692. You can then progress to Band 6, which ranges from £26,041 to £34,876.
What Qualifications do you need?
A Levels recommended
- degree in medicine
- doctorate degree in medicine
- For healthcare assistants/midwifery
- Training courses are available
- Studying biology or chemistry at A Level
Link to blog / stories linking to this industry / link to Uptree events etc
Pathway options / different routes in / next steps
- Training courses
- Apprenticeships are not widely available for this field
Staying committed and positive during the course or degree is important as it shows your dedication.
Fri 9th Jun
Allen & Overy: A&O Accelerate 2023, LondonSign Up