Owner And Data Controller
Uptree Limited. 30 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6DN
Owner contact email: email@example.com
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site uptree.co (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include: Your name, home contact information (address and telephone number), date of birth, gender, family status, educational details (including the name of your school/college and previous school(s)/college(s) and GCSE and A-level grades), details relating to your employability including any work experience or job that you may have had, personal interests and academic/career aspirations. We may also collect Sensitive Personal Data (as defined by the GDPR) from you. This includes information about your ethnic origin, family income and any disabilities or medical conditions you may have.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways: Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and invitations to employer events and workshops that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other employer events and workshops that we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to provide you with information about employer events and workshops we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous registered interest. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Legal Basis Of Processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Disclosure Of Your Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Accuracy Of And Access To Your Personal Information
You are entitled to request and access the information held about you that Uptree holds (subject to limited exceptions), as stated in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In addition, you have the right to have inaccurate Personal Information corrected or removed and to object to the processing of your Personal Information. If you wish to access such Personal Information, you should apply in writing to the Uptree Compliance Officer of Uptree at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. To assist us in maintaining accurate Personal Information, you must advise us of any changes to your Personal Information. In the event that Uptree becomes aware of any inaccuracy in the Personal Information that it has recorded, the Uptree will correct that inaccuracy at the earliest practical opportunity.
Retention Of Data
Uptree will maintain Personal and Sensitive Information of users until seven (7) years after last login date on Uptree. On that retention end date Uptree will delete any personally identifiable information in order that it can still fulfil its reporting obligations.
An Uptree user can at any time request that their data is destroyed rather than the identifying details removed. You have the right to request we delete all personal data from our systems at any time. In some circumstances, outlined by the GDPR we can refuse this request. In all other cases we will ensure your data is removed within one month. You may make this request verbally or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Photo And Video Consent
Please note that at any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners. If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Transfer Outside Of The EU
The Owner is allowed to transfer Personal Data collected within the EU to third countries (i.e. any country not part of the EU) only pursuant to a specific legal basis. Any such Data transfer is based on one of the legal bases described below. Users can inquire with the Owner to learn which legal basis applies to which specific service.
Data transfer abroad based on standard contractual clauses (this Website) If this is the legal basis, the transfer of Personal Data from the EU to third countries is carried out by the Owner according to “standard contractual clauses” provided by the European Commission. This means that Data recipients have committed to process Personal Data in compliance with the data protection standards set forth by EU data protection legislation. For further information, Users are requested to contact the Owner through the contact details provided in the present document. Personal Data collected: various types of Data.
Data transfer from the EU and/or Switzerland to the U.S based on Privacy Shield (this Website) If this is the legal basis, the transfer of Personal Data from the EU or Switzerland to the US is carried out according to the EU - U.S. and Swiss - U.S. Privacy Shield.
Data transfer to countries that guarantee European standards (this Website) If this is the legal basis, the transfer of Personal Data from the EU to third countries is carried out according to an adequacy decision of the European Commission. The European Commission adopts adequacy decisions for specific countries whenever it considers that country to possess and provide Personal Data protection standards comparable to those set forth by EU data protection legislation. Users can find an updated list of all adequacy decisions issued on the European Commission's website. Personal Data collected: various types of Data.
Other legal basis for Data transfer abroad (this Website) If no other legal basis applies, Personal Data shall be transferred from the EU to third countries only if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between the User and the Owner or of pre-contractual measures taken at the User’s request;
- the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interest of the User between the Owner and another natural or legal person;
- the transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest;
- the transfer is necessary for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- the transfer is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of other persons, where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
- In such cases, the Owner shall inform the User about the legal bases the transfer is based on via this Website. Personal Data collected: various types of Data.
Interaction With Data Collection Platforms And Other Third Parties
This type of service allows Users to interact with data collection platforms or other services directly from the pages of this Website for the purpose of saving and reusing data. If one of these services is installed, it may collect browsing and Usage Data in the pages where it is installed, even if the Users do not actively use the service.
Typeform widget (TYPEFORM S.L)
MailChimp widget (The Rocket Science Group, LLC.)
Traffic optimisation and distribution
This type of service allows this Website to distribute their content using servers located across different countries and to optimise their performance. Which Personal Data are processed depends on the characteristics and the way these services are implemented. Their function is to filter communications between this Website and the User's browser.Considering the widespread distribution of this system, it is difficult to determine the locations to which the contents that may contain Personal Information User are transferred.
Contacting The User
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes this Website to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header. Personal Data collected: city, date of birth, email address, first name, gender, last name, phone number, User ID and various types of Data.
Mailing list or newsletter (this Website) By registering on the mailing list or for the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of employer events and workshops. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up to this Website. Personal Data collected: city, Cookies, country, date of birth, email address, first name, gender, last name and phone number.
Phone contact (this Website) Users that provided their phone number might be contacted for commercial or promotional purposes related to this Website, as well as for fulfilling support requests. Personal Data collected: phone number.
Hosting And Backend Infrastructure
This type of service has the purpose of hosting Data and files that enable this Website to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of this Website. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the Personal Data are stored.
DigitalOcean (DigitalOcean Inc.)
Inviting and suggesting friends (this Website) This Website may use the Personal Data provided to allow Users to invite their friends - for example through the address book, if access has been provided - and to suggest friends or connections inside it. Personal Data collected: various types of Data.
User Database Management
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Backup Saving And Management
Backup on Dropbox (Dropbox, Inc.)