Our work with schools
Raise your students’ career confidence
Today’s school leavers face a plethora of choices. Not every school has the resources to help each student find the way to their dream career. Uptree can help your students reach their full potential.
Uptree was founded by teachers to help talented young people connect to professional networks and career pathways while still at school.
We offer a free careers programme for students aged 16-19 to help them get started on the road to professional success. Through Uptree, students can:
- Access free online courses and support for career development
- Broaden their knowledge of career routes
- Meet with leading employers
- Access unique opportunities and events, including apprenticeships and work experience
Why work with us
We’re funded by our industry partners, with the aim to support young people from diverse or low income backgrounds across the UK.
Levelling the playing field
We believe that every young person should have access and opportunity to progress their career based on their talent and potential, not their connections or background. We can provide the support your students need to thrive in their future careers.
Achieving careers education goals
The support we provide is a rounded curriculum, helping schools to meet the eight Gatsby Benchmarks (England) and Careers Education Standard (Scotland).
We understand how stretched today’s schools are. Let us do the heavy lifting. We work flexibly and our free content is designed around teachers’ needs.
Helping students to aim higher
Your students will discover fresh opportunities and learn more about the many exciting career pathways open to them. The sky's the limit.
How we support
Uptree helps schools to deliver a great careers programme for students in the following ways:
Our digital platform helps young people discover inspiring career options and find out more about employers and pathways to work.
- Industry-led careers resources for teachers, including our exclusive Uptree Careers Curriculum and online employability skills courses. View our FAQ page and introduce your students to these free courses today.
- Employability workshops delivered in schools help your young people develop the essential skills they’ll need in the workplace.
- Work experience days and other career events give your students the unique opportunity to visit offices and meet professionals face to face.
Our students now have a better idea of what paths they want to take in the future. They got an insight into different jobs that they had never even heard of before. Anne Sparkes, Assistant Principal, Sacred Heart Catholic School
[Our son] had seen a world that he hadn’t experienced before, his eyes had been opened and it was all thanks to you at Uptree. You’ve inspired our son by giving him hope and direction. Parents, Tim and Natalie
I’ve had really brilliant feedback from my students about all the events. I actually noticed it was one of our alumni talking about his experience as a Deloitte apprentice at one of the events, which was brilliant! Careers Advisor, Morpeth School
Allow your students to explore their options at FuturesUP
On 7 July we're hosting our flagship careers event FuturesUP. Hosted online, students will be able to meet with professionals, hear inspiring talks and learn more about careers in STEM, law, creative industries and more.