What is it?
The manufacturing of electronics, creation of software, computers or products and services relating to information technology. The Tech Sector is incredibly dynamic and diverse. It is a huge and ever-growing industry, and has a big say in shaping our future.
What skills do you need?
As many as possible of... ➕ Analytical mind ➕ Attention to detail ➕ Coding ➕ Communicative ➕ Keen problem solver ➕ Interaction with computers ➕ Methodical thinker
- Close Brothers
- Goldman Sachs
- Software Developer - £25,000-£60,000
- Software Engineer - £28,000-£80,000
- Systems Analyst - £25,000-£60,000
- Project Manager in Software Development - £27,636 - £79,429
What Qualifications do you need?
One or more of…
- University Degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Maths or Physics
- Computer Science Degree
- IT/Computing A Level
- Physics and/or Maths A Level
- Software Engineering Degree
- Software Engineering Apprenticeship
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Your own projects (self-taught projects)
- IT apprenticeship
- Computer Science degree
- Close Brothers SME Apprenticeship Scheme
- Degree Apprenticeship - TD Securities
- Deloitte Tech School Leaver Program
- Goldman Sachs EMEA Technology Apprenticeship
You don’t have to be an award-winning coder to work in the Tech industry. If you’re bright, computer-literate, ambitious and willing to learn, then Tech is the sector for you.
- Business Analyst
- Electrical Engineer
- Electronic Engineer
- IT Consultant
- IT Sales
- IT Technician
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Validation Engineer
- Web Designer
Fri 9th Jun
Allen & Overy: A&O Accelerate 2023, LondonSign Up