IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. They believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, they can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for their clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, they are not only one of the largest corporate organisations in the world, they’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, they pride themselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join them on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
They offer various entry points to kick-start your career in the industry, including apprenticeships, pre-university internships, undergraduate and graduate programmes. As an Apprentice or Degree Apprentice you could find yourself working in Test Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Digital & Technology or Junior Management Consultancy.
Unsure as to whether to go to university or start an apprenticeship? Check out IBM’s Futures Gap Year Scheme where interns work in roles from Business to Technology and even Design. Regardless of how or when you join IBM, you’ll work on real projects, with real clients and real bottom-line deliverables. Their opportunities will give you everything you need to build a successful career.
So what do they look for? At IBM you won't be defined by your education background - they welcome applications from all backgrounds. They simply ask that you demonstrate your curiosity around technology and enthusiasm to learn more. At IBM, work is more than a job—it's a calling. To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible.
Wed 6th Jul 2022 @ 10:00 AMThis is an online event
Wed 19th Oct 2022 @ 10:00 AMThis is an online event
Wed 7th Dec 2022 @ 10:00 AMThis is an online event
Open until enough applications are received Event start date: Thu 31st Aug 2023This in an online opportunity
What benefits do IBM offer?
- Make friends for life! IBM has around 20,000 employees in the UK, so there are plenty of social events going on in all locations!
- You can join some of the many communities and social groups we have such as Eagle (LGBT+), Girls Who Code, BAME, People with Disabilities and various location social groups and sports teams!
- On your first day, you’ll receive your own laptop and, depending on your role, your own work mobile device.
- There are plenty of opportunities to travel to different IBM locations, conferences and events around the UK and potentially even overseas!
- Enjoy more than just the day job! At IBM each employee has at least 40 hours a year that they can dedicate to giving back to the community. These may include running and attending events, visiting and educating schools around the UK or working on further projects outside of your day-to-day role!
- Want cheaper cinema tickets and discount at high-street shops? Well you can take full advantage of IBM Rewards!
- We have your professional and personal development in mind. Not only do you have your dedicated task manager, but you also have an Early Professional Manager who is there to support your development and to help and guide you on your career journey.