London: Allen and Overy: Law Work Experience Day
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Allen & Overy
One Bishops Square
Please note: this is an in-person event and will be hosted at the company's offices. All venues are covid-safe and meet government guidelines of health and safety. If you are allocated a place, you will be sent the company's safety guidelines a week in advance, eg. if masks are to be worn. You will be expected to follow any guidance from the company on the day. Any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
There are 30 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, regardless of location, although priority will be given to students in the Greater London area.
Allen and Overy is a leading global law firm, with innovation and technology at its heart. They are also the first magic circle law firm to launch an apprenticeship programme! As a firm that is known for the quality of its training programme, they are excited to speak to students who might be interested in training through the apprenticeship route. Join Allen and Overy for this exciting online work experience day to learn more about a career in law, solve some legal problems and meet legal professionals.
This event will particularly focus on Allen and Overy's solicitor apprenticeship programme, information about the scheme and applying to it. You'll also get to meet the recruiters!
Headline presentation (20-25 mins)
Panel Talk (4 volunteers – set questions)
Break & informal networking
Presentations and feedback
Speed networking 5 groups
Who should attend?
- Year 13 students who will be applying for careers in Law
- Students interested in becoming Solicitors
- Students predicted or on track to receive AAB at A-level or equivalent, and have 7 GCSEs at grade 6 or above (including English and Math) or equivalent. However, Allen & Overy will consider every motivation statement received and any extenuating circumstances should be included in what you write, particularly those that account for grades that don't meet this event requirements.
- Register for this in-person session via your Uptree account - there are only 30 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.