National: Allen & Overy, Law Work Experience Day In person event
This event is for Sixth Form or College students interested in a career in law, particularly in becoming a solicitor. You should be predicted AAB at A-level or equivalent + 7 GCSEs at grade 6 or above (including English and Math) or equivalent.
Please note: A&O will consider extenuating circumstances for grades. Travel expenses up to £100 are covered so those inside or outside of London are encouraged to apply.
Allen and Overy is a leading global law firm, with innovation and technology at its heart. They are also the first Magic Circle law firm to launch an apprenticeship programme.
By taking part in this work experience day, you'll learn more about a career in law, solve real-life legal problems and meet legal professionals. This event will particularly focus on the Allen and Overy's solicitor apprenticeship programme - you'll get to meet the recruiters so you'll get all the information about the scheme and how to apply.
Find out more about A&O on their Company Page.
- 10:45 - 11:00 - Registration
- 11:00 – 11.30 - Welcome Talk by Uptree and James Partridge, Graduate Recruitment and Training Partner and Co-Lead for Solicitor Apprenticeships
- 11:30 – 12:00 - Ice breaker
- 12:00 – 12:45 - Allen & Overy – our practice groups – a junior lawyer panel with Q&A
- 12:45 – 13:15 - Lunch and networking with junior lawyers
- 13:15 – 14:00 - Tours of the office
- 14:00 – 14:45 - Speed networking with the D&I Networks
- 14:45 – 15:15 - Meet an Allen & Overy client
- 15:15 – 15:30 - Apprenticeship route and application hints and tips
- 15:30 - Wrap up and head home
- Register for this in-person event using your Uptree account. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- There are only 30 spaces available for this event.
- Prioritisation will begin two weeks before the event: successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event. If you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
Any questions, please do contact us: email@example.com
Please make a note of the office location above before applying - remember, travel expenses up to £100 are covered so even if you're not in London, you are encouraged to apply.
This is an in-person event and will be hosted at the company's offices. All venues are covid-safe and meet government guidelines of health and safety. If you are allocated a place, you will be sent the company's safety guidelines a week in advance, eg. if masks are to be worn. You will be expected to follow any guidance from the company on the day.
Photo and video consent
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media, and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners.
If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.