National: Allen & Overy, Law Work Experience Day In person event
This event is for: Year 12s (aged up to 21) interested in a career in law and looking for an apprenticeship/full time job.
When: Thursday 13th July 2023. 10.45am - 3.30pm
- Year 12 students (up to age 21) who will be applying for careers in Law
- Students interested in becoming Solicitors
- Students predicted or on track to receive AAB at A-level or equivalent, and have 7 GCSEs at grade 6 or above (including English and Math) or equivalent. However, Allen & Overy will consider every motivation statement received and any extenuating circumstances should be included in what you write, particularly those that account for grades that don't meet this event requirements.
- Travel expenses up to £100 are covered, with no restrictions on this e.g background, socio-economic status or location. Students from both inside and outside of London are encouraged to apply.
How: Register for this in-person session via your Uptree account - there are only 30 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
Who are Allen & Overy?
Allen and Overy is a leading global law firm, with innovation and technology at its heart. They are also the first magic circle law firm to launch an apprenticeship programme! As a firm that is known for the quality of its training programme, they are excited to speak to students who might be interested in training through the apprenticeship route. Join Allen and Overy for this exciting online work experience day to learn more about a career in law, solve some legal problems and meet legal professionals.
This event will particularly focus on Allen and Overy's solicitor apprenticeship programme, information about the scheme and applying to it. You'll also get to meet the recruiters!
10:45 - 11:00: Registration
11:00 – 11.20: Welcome by James Partridge
11:20 - 11:30: Opportunities at A&O - Early Careers Team
11:30 – 11:45: Ice breaker - Early Careers Team
11:45 – 12:30: Panel Q&A
12:30 - 13:45: Networking Lunch
13:45 – 14:30: Interactivity activity
14:30 - 15:00: Tour of the office & wrap up
- Register for this in-person session via your Uptree account - there are only 30 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.
Photo and video consent
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners. If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to email@example.com
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.