Cambridge: Arm, Technology Work Experience Day In person event
Key information110 Fulbourn Rd Cambridge CB1 9NJ
When: 25th October, 10am.
Where: 110 Fulbourn Rd, Cambridge CB1 9NJ
Who: Students aged 16-20 interested in finding out more about exciting careers for one of the worlds biggest tech companies, or careers in STEM more generally.
How to apply: Register for this in person session via your Uptree account - there are only 30 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Ice breaker and welcome.
- Introduction to Arm and Arm connectivity.
- Inspiring speaker from the Arm Cambridge office.
- Cambridge office tour.
- Speed Networking with Arm employees.
- Micro:bit activity (test and try coding!).
- Q&A panel with Arm professionals.
- Next steps and wrap up.
Who should attend
- Students aged 16-20 interested in finding out more about exciting careers for one of the worlds biggest tech companies, or careers in STEM more generally.
- Students living in Cambridge or within commuting distance of Cambridge.
Who are arm?
Automation. Artificial intelligence. Machine learning. Arm is in the business of making all these things work for real people. More specifically 70% of all people across the planet, as they build new worlds with IoT technology.
Join us on an exclusive work experience event hosted by Arm's Cambridge team. You will gain experience of the technology industry, career paths and get to meet technology professionals who work at Arm Cambridge! Get a taste of what it's like to work for one of the worlds largest technology companies.
- Register for this interactive in person session via your Uptree account - there are only 30 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Prepare for this event with Arm's online course: https://uptree.co/courses/arm/arm-technology-apprenticeships
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.
Prioritisation for this event will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
Please note: this is an in-person event and will be hosted at the company's offices. There are 30 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, regardless of location, although priority will be given to students in the Cambridge area.
All venues are covid-safe and meet government guidelines of health and safety. If you are allocated a place, you will be sent the company's safety guidelines a week in advance, eg. if masks are to be worn. You will be expected to follow any guidance from the company on the day. Any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo and video consent
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners. If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to email@example.com
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.