Arm: Cambridge STEM and Tech Work Experience Day Online event
Please note: this event is an online session in accordance with our current company policy regarding public health and hosting events.
There are 30 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, regardless of location, although priority will be given to students in the Cambridge area. You will just need a reliable internet connection or be able to telephone dial-in. Please make sure you have access to Zoom from your chosen device.
Automation. Artificial intelligence. Machine learning. Arm is in the business of making all these things work for real people. More specifically 70% of all people across the planet, as they build new worlds with IoT technology.
Knowledge is power. And who knows more about digitalising the world than you, who was born into a digital world? That’s why Arm respects the capabilities of young people and wants to meet with you at this work experience event, run by their Cambridge team.
Join us for an online work experience event hosted by Arm's Cambridge team. You will gain experience of the technology industry, career paths and get to meet technology professionals who work at Arm Cambridge!
14:00 - 14:10am: Ice breaker & welcome
14:10 - 14:20am: About Arm - short talk about Arm and their industry
14:20 - 15:00am: Speed Networking - Students will be allocated into Zoom 'breakout rooms' in groups of 4-6. Each group will spend 10 minutes quizzing Team Arm about their career path and role at Arm
15:00 - 15:30pm: Micro-bit challenge
15:30 - 15:45pm: Inspiring speaker
15:45 - 16:25pm: Tech For Good Challenge* - an introduction to the Global Goals for Sustainable Development and how Arm is contributing to them, followed by a short exercise exploring technology's power for good.
16:25 - 16:30pm: Next steps and wrap up - including a short presentation of Arm's early careers opportunities
Who should attend
Students aged 16-20 interested in finding out more about exciting technology careers. Students that are motivated and keen to learn.
- Register for this interactive online session via your Uptree account - there are only 30 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.