National: Arm, Technology Work Experience Event Online event
This event is for: students aged 16-21 interested in a career in Tech. Arm have various opportunities in Engineering (software, hardware) as well as Electronics. But if you also have a general curiosity in Arm they also have people who work in Marketing, Business and other non-technical areas. Applicants welcome no matter what subject you're studying!
Arm are intrinsic to the development of technology in billions of products which touch the lives of more than 80% of the world's population. They focus on automation, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and so much more!
By taking part in this interactive work experience day, you'll gain experience of the tech industry, learn about career paths and meet top professionals in one of the world's largest technology companies.
Find out more about Arm on their Company Page.
Here is what the event could look like...
- About Arm: short talk about Arm and our industry
- Tech for Good: an introduction to the Global Goals for Sustainable Development and how (Arm-based) technology is contributing to them.
- Micro:bit activity: short session introducing students to coding using Micro:bit’s virtual classroom.
- Speed Networking: students will be allocated into Zoom 'breakout rooms' in small groups. Each group will spend 10 minutes quizzing employees about their career path and role at Arm.
- Inspiring Speaker Panel: informal, facilitated conversation between colleagues at different points in their early career.
- Register for this online event using your Uptree account. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- There are only 30 spaces available for this event - priority will be given to students who meet the criteria above.
- Prioritisation will begin two weeks before the event: successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event. If you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
Any questions, please do contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo and video consent
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media, and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners.
If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to email@example.com
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.