Manchester: Arm, Technology Work Experience Day In person event
This event is for: students aged 16-21 interested in a career in STEM. Arm offers various opportunities in computing, engineering (software and hardware) and electronics. The company also has opportunities for people interested in marketing and business. Applicants are welcome no matter what subject you're studying!
Arm are intrinsic to the development of technology in billions of products which touch the lives of more than 80% of the world's population. They focus on automation, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and so much more!
By taking part in this interactive work experience day, you'll gain experience of the tech industry, learn about career paths and meet top professionals in one of the world's largest technology companies.
Find out more about Arm on their Company Page.
- Ice breaker and welcome.
- Introduction to arm and Arm connectivity.
- Inspiring speaker from the Arm Manchester office.
- Manchester office tour.
- Speed Networking with Arm employees.
- Micro:bit activity (test and try coding!).
- Q&A panel with Arm professionals.
- Next steps and wrap up.
- Register for this in-person event using your Uptree account. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- There are only 20 spaces available for this event - priority will be given to students in Manchester and the North-West region who meet the criteria above.
- Prioritisation will begin two weeks before the event: successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event. If you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
Any questions, please do contact us: email@example.com
Please make a note of the office location above before applying.
This is an in-person event and will be hosted at the company's offices. All venues are covid-safe and meet government guidelines of health and safety. If you are allocated a place, you will be sent the company's safety guidelines a week in advance, eg. if masks are to be worn. You will be expected to follow any guidance from the company on the day.
Photo and video consent
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media, and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners.
If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.