Sheffield: Arm Technology Work Experience Day online
Thursday, October 14, 2021
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Please note: this event is an online session in accordance with our current company policy regarding public health and hosting events.
All students are welcome to attend, regardless of location, although priority will be given to students in the Sheffield area.
This event will be either online or in-person which is TBC in line with Government guidance nearer the date.
Automation. Artificial intelligence. Machine learning. Arm is in the business of making all these things work for real people. More specifically 70% of all people across the planet, as they build new worlds with IoT technology.
Knowledge is power. And who knows more about digitalising the world than you, who was born into a digital world? That’s why Arm respects the capabilities of young people and wants to meet with you at this work experience event, run by their Sheffield team.
Join us on an exclusive work experience event hosted by Arm's Sheffield team. You will gain experience of the technology industry, career paths and get to meet technology professionals who work at Arm Sheffield! Get a taste of what it's like to work for one of the worlds largest technology companies.
- Ice breaker and welcome
- Introduction to Arm and Arm connectivity
- Inspiring speaker from the Arm Sheffield office.
- Speed Networking with Arm employees
- Micro:bit activity (test and try coding!)
- Q&A panel with Arm professionals
- Next steps and wrap up
Who should attend
- Students aged 16-20 interested in finding out more about exciting careers for one of the worlds biggest tech companies.
- Students that are motivated and keen to learn.
- Register for this interactive online session via your Uptree account - there are only 30 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.