London: Clifford Chance ACCESS Application Masterclass Online event
- Location: London
Please note: this event is an online session in accordance with our current company policy regarding public health and hosting events.
There are 20 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, regardless of location. You will just need a reliable internet connection or be able to telephone dial-in. Please make sure you have access to Zoom from your chosen device.
Clifford Chance LLP is an international law firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom, and a member of the "Magic Circle," a group of the most prestigious London-based multinational law firms. It ranks as one of the top ten largest law firms in the world measured both by a number of lawyers and revenue.
For many years, obtaining work experience in the legal sector depended largely on who you know rather than what you know. Clifford Chance's response to this is their bespoke, award-winning, two-year development programme for year 12 or equivalent students - Clifford Chance ACCESS.
Clifford Chance ACCESS.
This pioneering programme consists of twelve different components, each focused around specific core areas of your personal and professional development, culminating in the opportunity to secure a place on their ACCESS SPARK programme and ultimately a Training Contract.
This event will exclusively focus on Clifford Chances ACCESS scheme, information about the scheme and applying to it. You'll also get to meet the recruiters!
- 2:00 - 2:15: Welcome to Clifford Chance
- 2:15 - 2:35: Introduction to ACCESS programme with current ACCESS students
- 2:35 - 3:20: Impactful Applications
- 3:20 - 3:50: Q&A with Trainees
- 3:50 - 4:00: Close and final questions
Who should attend?
- Year 12 students who will be applying for the Clifford Chance ACCESS Scheme, are available to attend the scheme between 1st - 4th August 2022 and are eligible.
In order to apply to Clifford Chance ACCESS, you must meet the following qualifying criteria:
- You are in Year 12 (England and Wales), S5 (Scotland) or Lower Sixth (Northern Ireland)
- You are attending, and have attended from age 11, a state-funded, non-fee-paying school/college
- You grew up in a household where no parent or guardian attended university.
In addition, you must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You are currently in receipt of or have previously received, free school meals, Pupil Premium, Education Maintenance Allowance and/or a 16 to 19 Bursary
- You are attending a school or college with a:
a) below average A-level or Higher point score; and/or
b) low rate of progression to higher education
- You have been, or are currently, in local authority care (for a period of three months or longer)
- You are or have been, a full-time or part-time carer
- You came to the UK as a refugee or asylum seeker.
Note: Young people who meet the local authority care criterion do not need to meet any other criterion.
- Register for this interactive online session via your Uptree account - there are only 20 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.