National: FuturesUP: Multi-industry Careers Event Online event
Please note: this event is currently an online session. To apply, you will need to create an Uptree account and click the ‘apply now' button on the side of the page. If you have any questions about FuturesUP please get in touch with our Education team at email@example.com.
Decide what to do when you finish school is important. In fact, it could be one of the biggest choices you’ll ever make. That’s why this year in July, we’ll be hosting our FuturesUP virtual careers fair, and you’re invited!
Feedback from Uptree alumni students is that our FuturesUP events were the first step in helping them discover what they wanted to do in the future - whether that was a subject, career, or deciding whether to go to university or undertake an apprenticeship. Does this sound like it could be you? Then sign up to attend!
This is also a great chance to find out about the opportunities our partner companies have available to students like you. The employers you'll get to meet represent all industries from finance, trading, media and advertising, professional services, business, law, engineering and technology.
You'll also get to meet Uptree alumni who have gone on to do apprenticeships, as well as have the chance to ask experts at Uptree any questions about your future.
Uptree welcome, intro to the day and to the headlining organisations
Intro and short talk from the headlining organisations for each industry
Intro to Uptree student ambassadors & multi-industry session on general employability with Q&A
Webinar sessions and an overview of industries: STEM/Tech, Finance/Investment banking, & Business
Student and parent breakout sessions: Application support webinar & Introduction to apprenticeships for parents
Top tips/takeaways from student ambassadors around application processes
Confirmed organisations that will be attending and presenting on the day include; Arm, Elavon, GCHQ, J.P. Morgan, MBDA, PwC, Shawbrook Bank and UBS!
Why you should attend:
1. Be inspired by the different careers available and discover where your grades & experiences can take you.
2. Gain access to a professional network of industry leaders and decision-makers, who could hold the key to your future career!
3. Ask questions and hear first-hand stories from current apprentices, graduates, Uptree alumni and professionals from our partner companies. These are people who really understand your position and have been through the process themselves.
4. Improve your confidence when applying to jobs in the future. Get a true insight into what makes an application stand out, where to start, how to interview and what company culture really means - and much more!
You'll get to take part in a wide range of interactive sessions on the day and get the chance to speak to professionals, recruiters, and current apprentices and graduates from all of the brilliant Uptree employer partners.
Am I Eligible and How Do I Apply?
We welcome all Uptree students who are beginning to think about their next steps, who are interested in learning more about their options or who are hoping to gain work experience opportunities, find internships, or are simply intrigued to know more.
To apply, you will need to create an Uptree account and click the ‘apply now' button on the side of the page. If you have any questions about FuturesUP please get in touch with our Education team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Register for this interactive networking session via your Uptree account - there are only limited spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
2. Priority will be given to those students who clearly express their interest in attending.
3. Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
4. Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
5. If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is unfortunately unsuccessful for this event.
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.