National: FuturesUP: Multi-industry Careers Event Online event
Please note: this event is currently an online session in accordance with our current company policy regarding public health and hosting events.
You will just need a reliable internet connection or be able to telephone dial-in. Please make sure you have access to Zoom from your chosen device.
Working out what to do when you finish school is really important. In fact, it could be one of the biggest choices you’ll ever make. That’s why this year in July, we’ll be hosting our 17th FuturesUP, and you’re invited!
Hosted over one interactive half-day, you’ll be able to engage directly with world-class employers whilst gaining valuable online work experience across a range of industries. You’ll be able to discover whereabouts your current subjects can take you, deep dive into interesting topics led by business professionals, and think BIG when it comes to writing an application or CV. The careers represented include:
Technology, Business, Sales, Finance, Accounting, Investment Banking, Consultancy, Engineering, Law and more.
You'll get to take part in a wide range of interactive sessions on the day and get the chance to speak to professionals, recruiters and current apprentices and grads from top employers. You'll get to meet the following employers:
13:00 - Uptree Welcome to FuturesUP and meet the employers' videos
13:20 - Introductory Employability Lightning Talk with J.P. Morgan
Short break // Informal Q&A
14:05 - Networking Session 1 GCHQ, NCC Group and MBDA
14:05 - Networking Session 2 Maven, UBS and JPM
15 min Break
15:15 - Networking Session 3 IBM, Google, CCEP
15:15 - Networking Session 4 PwC, Mischon De Reya, Clifford Chance
16:15 - Short break
16:20 - Employability Lightning Talks with Arm
17:00 - Uptree Competition (Quiz)
17:15 - Wrap and Close
Why should you attend:
1. Be inspired by different careers available and discover where your grades & experiences can take you
2. Gain access to a professional network of industry leaders and decision-makers, these are the people who could hold the key to your future career!
3. Ask questions & hear first-hand stories from current apprentices, graduates, Uptree alumni and professionals from our partner companies. These are people who really understand your position and have been through the process themselves!
4. Improve your confidence when applying to jobs in the future. Get a true insight into what makes an application stand out, whereabouts to start, how to interview and what company culture really means - plus much more!
Am I eligible and how do I apply?
We welcome all Uptree students who are beginning to think about their next steps, who are interested in learning more about their options or who are hoping to gain work experience opportunities, find internships or just who are intrigued to know more.
To apply, you will need to create an Uptree account and click the ‘apply now' button on the side of the page. If you have any questions about FuturesUP please get in touch with our Education team at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Register for this interactive networking session via your Uptree account - there are only limited spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
2. Priority will be given to those students who clearly express their interest in attending.
3. Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
4. Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
5. If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is unfortunately unsuccessful for this event.