National: FuturesUP: Multi-industry Careers Event online
Thursday, October 28, 2021
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Please note: this event is currently an online session in accordance with our current company policy regarding public health and hosting events.
Working out what to do when you finish school is really important. In fact, it could be one of the biggest choices you’ll ever make. That’s why this year in October, we’ll be hosting our 18th FuturesUP, and you’re invited!
Hosted over one interactive half-day, you’ll be able to engage directly with world-class employers whilst gaining valuable online work experience across a range of industries. You’ll be able to discover whereabouts your current subjects can take you, deep-dive, into interesting topics led by business professionals, and think BIG when it comes to writing an application or CV. This October, we're using an exciting new online platform to host the event, meaning you get to choose which employers you get to speak to, as well as hosting our popular lightning talks with two top employers!
The employers you'll get to meet represent all industries from finance, trading, media and advertising, insurance and risk, professional services, business, law, engineering, and technology. They are:
Allen and Overy, Arm, Europa Capital, Equitix, J.P. Morgan, Publicis Groupe, Gallagher, PwC, Sequel, KPMG, UBS and MBDA.
You'll get to take part in a wide range of interactive sessions on the day and get the chance to speak to professionals, recruiters and current apprentices and grads from all of top employers listed above. Your afternoon will look like:
13:00 - Uptree Welcome to FuturesUP and meet the employers' videos
13:15 - Introductory Employability Lightning Talk by PwC with an Informal Q&A
13:55 - Short Break
14:05 - Virtual networking booths (you'll get to choose which employers you go and speak to!)
14:55 - Short Break
15:00 - Virtual Networking booths (you'll get to choose which employers you go and speak to!)
15:55 - Short break
16:00 - Employability Lightning Talks with top employers
16:40 - Uptree Competition (Quiz)
16:55 - Wrap up and Close till 17:00pm
Why should you attend:
1. Be inspired by different careers available and discover where your grades & experiences can take you
2. Gain access to a professional network of industry leaders and decision-makers, these are the people who could hold the key to your future career!
3. Ask questions & hear first-hand stories from current apprentices, graduates, Uptree alumni and professionals from our partner companies. These are people who really understand your position and have been through the process themselves!
4. Improve your confidence when applying to jobs in the future. Get a true insight into what makes an application stand out, whereabouts to start, how to interview and what company culture really means - plus much more!
Am I eligible and how do I apply?
We welcome all Uptree students who are beginning to think about their next steps, who are interested in learning more about their options or who are hoping to gain work experience opportunities, find internships or just who are intrigued to know more.
To apply, you will need to create an Uptree account and click the ‘apply now' button on the side of the page. If you have any questions about FuturesUP please get in touch with our Education team at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Register for this interactive networking session via your Uptree account - there are only limited spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
2. Priority will be given to those students who clearly express their interest in attending.
3. Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
4. Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
5. If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is unfortunately unsuccessful for this event.