London: GCHQ STEM and Cybersecurity Work Experience Day online
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
There are 30 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, regardless of location, although priority will be given to students in London. You will just need a reliable internet connection or be able to telephone dial-in. Please make sure you have access to Zoom from your chosen device.
Please note that this event time is TBC and will be updated closer to the time
The internet is a part of everybody’s lives. But while it benefits millions of people, it also increases the threats we all face. GCHQ's mission is to keep Britain safe. They bring intelligence and technology together to counter increasingly sophisticated threats across the U.K. GCHQ intelligence helps keep our forces safe, prevents terrorism and crime and protects against cyber attack.
If this sounds interesting, or you'd like to know more about a career in STEM or cybersecurity, then join GCHQ for this interactive online work experience event!
- Introduction to GCHQ and their company culture
- Panel Q&A
- Speed Networking with GCHQ professionals (your chance to ask GCHQ professionals what it's like to work there!)
- Cyber Security interactive activity
- Career pathways into GCHQ Talk
- Wrap up & close with an opportunity for Q&A
Who should attend:
- Students in Year 12 or Year 13
- Students who are interested in finding out more about a career in cybersecurity, technology or more generally STEM.
- Students in the South East or London area
- Students of British Nationality/Citizenship
- Register for this interactive online session via your Uptree account - there are only 30 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.