Manchester and Lancashire: GCHQ, Cyber Security Insight Evening In person event
Key informationGCHQ Manchester
Agenda (subject to change)
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Introduction to GCHQ and their company culture
- Panel Q&A with GCHQ and partners
- Career pathways into cyber security
- Current opportunities with GCHQ
- Wrap up & close with an opportunity for Q&A
Who are GCHQ
The internet is a part of everybody’s lives. But while it benefits millions of people, it also increases the threats we all face. GCHQ's mission is to keep Britain safe. They bring intelligence and technology together to counter increasingly sophisticated threats across the U.K. GCHQ intelligence helps keep our forces safe, prevents terrorism and crime and protects against cyber attack.
- Register for this in-person session via your Uptree account - there are only 20 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.
Prioritisation for this event will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
Photo and video consent
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners. If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to email@example.com
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.