Manchester: GCHQ, Application Masterclass Online event
This event is for: Year 13s interested in cyber security/STEM and looking for an apprenticeship.
The Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) is one of the three UK Intelligence and Security Agencies, along with MI5 and the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6). Their mission is to keep Britain safe.
By joining this Application Masterclass, you'll get insider knowledge and support on how to successfully apply for one of GCHQ's Cyber Security roles.
Find out more about GCHQ on their Company Page.
- Introduction to GCHQ
- Overview of the Intelligent Services
- Insight into the wide range of roles within GCHQ
- Understanding the security clearance process
- The career journey of a GCHQ apprentice
- Top tips for the application and interview stages
- Register for this in-person event using your Uptree account. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- There are only 30 spaces available for this online event
- Prioritisation will begin two weeks before the event: successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event. If you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
Due to the regulations and security measures at GCHQ, anyone interested in future employment with the organisation must be a British citizen. Photographic identification will be checked on the day of the event by a member of GCHQ staff. Uptree will also need to send your date of birth ahead of you attending the event. This information will be sent securely and only used for this event.
If you have any questions regarding this, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make a note of the office location above before applying.
This is an online event and will be hosted via Zoom.
Photo and video consent
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media, and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners.
If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to email@example.com
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.