Stevenage: GSK, STEM Work Experience Day In person event
Key informationGSK Gunnels Wood Road Stevenage SG1 2NY
When: Thursday 14th July, 10:00 - 3:00.
Who should attend: Year 12 students with an interest in the global healthcare industry and/or who want to learn more about career options with GSK. Also, students that enjoy STEM subjects at school.
How to apply: Register for this in-person event using your Uptree account. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- Welcome to GSK, ice-breaker activity and introduction to the team.
- Overview of GSK and their work.
- Inspiring speaker from GSK, followed by a Q&A.
- Site tour, including GSK labs.
- Lunch (provided by GSK so no need to bring your own!)
- Speed networking with GSK employees.
- Smaller group activities, working on industry-related tasks.
- Panel Q&A with GSK early careers employees.
- Next steps and pathways into a career with GSK.
Who are GSK?
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: they want to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
They one of the few healthcare companies researching both medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases – HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
They have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
GSK also recruit for roles in finance, law and human resources, so even if you don't study a science-based subject, feel free to come along and find out more!
- Register for this in-person event using your Uptree account. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- Priority for spaces for this event will be given to students who meet the criteria above.
- Prioritisation will begin two weeks before the event. If you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event.
- There are only 25 spaces available for this event, so register early to ensure you get a place.
There are 25 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, although priority will be given to students in Hertfordshire. Please make a note of the office location above before applying.
Please note: this is an in-person event and will be hosted at the company's offices. All venues are covid-safe and meet government guidelines of health and safety. If you are allocated a place, you will be sent the company's safety guidelines a week in advance, eg. if masks are to be worn. You will be expected to follow any guidance from the company on the day.
Any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
Prioritisation for this event will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
Photo and video consent
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media, and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners.
If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.