Scotland: KPMG Application Masterclass, Accounting and Audit online
Thursday, September 16, 2021
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Please note: this event is an online session in accordance with our current company policy regarding public health and hosting events.
There are 15 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, although priority will be given to students in Scotland. You will just need a reliable internet connection or be able to telephone dial-in. Please make sure you have access to Microsoft Teams from your chosen device.
Whilst this date is confirmed, timings may change slightly, we'll be in touch if this happens!
KPMG in the UK is part of a global network of member firms. They support businesses to grow, support their people to achieve and support their communities to thrive. Their largest practice is Audit, which provides independent challenge and delivers quality audits to organisations of all shapes and sizes. In Tax & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory, Technology & Engineering and KPMG Business Services, they work shoulder-to-shoulder with clients to help them solve some of their most complex business challenges.
This application masterclass is a chance for 15 keen and motivated students to meet with KPMG and have the chance to get first-hand application and interview advice that will lead to a top-class Discovery Programme application (more on this below!).
What this event could lead to
KPMG colleagues come from all sorts of backgrounds, bringing diverse perspectives, but sharing a natural curiosity, a desire to work together and explore new ideas, inspire change and deliver exceptional results. Their Discovery Virtual Work Experience programme, has been designed with students like you in mind – collaborative, curious and enthusiastic. Available for students finishing school in 2022 and who are looking to start an apprenticeship programme in autumn 2022, this is the perfect chance to discover if KPMG is the place for you. You’ll get a chance to virtually interact with other students, and participate in skills workshops to develop some of the key skills you’ll need to thrive - meeting colleagues from across the firm along the way.
This virtual experience will also give you the opportunity to transfer your current application to the second stage of the recruitment process for one of their 2022 Apprenticeship Programmes upon completion of necessary assessments and your Discovery experience (subject to meeting the academic requirements, details of which can be found here).
By attending this event, you stand the best chance of being selected to join the KPMG Discovery programme!
- Welcome & Housekeeping
- Who are KPMG?
- Intro to Discovery
- Get Ahead
- KPMG Application Process
- Networking with KPMG Professionals (Q&A Panel)
- Assessment Day Workshop
- Next Steps
Who should attend
- Students in Scotland.
- You'll be finishing school in summer 2022
- You might be interested in starting an apprenticeship programme in autumn 2022.
- You would be interested in learning more about a career within Audit, Technology and/ or Consulting
- You would be interested in gaining invaluable work experience
- You will be on track to meet the Discovery Programme entry requirements below
- You might be interested in taking part in KPMG's Discovery Programme between 12th – 13th October 2021 (see Uptree opportunities page for more detail!)
KPMG Discovery Programme Entry Requirements
If you are interested in applying to the KPMG Discovery programme you will also need to meet the entry requirements which are:
- Minimum of 5 National 5 qualifications at Grades A-C (inc. Maths B and English, or equivalent)
- On track to receive a minimum of 112 UCAS tariff points at Higher/Advanced Higher Level
You will also need to meet KPMG's Access Accountancy criteria in order to make an application. This initiative supports young people to have access to the accountancy profession. You will need to:
- Attend state school or college, and
- Be eligible (or have been eligible) for free school meals (or attend a school with ‘above regional average’ free school meals), or
- Your immediate family did not attend university.
Register for this interactive online session via your Uptree account - there are only 15 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.
If you have any questions on the application process or have a disability or health condition that impacts your ability to complete this application then please email email@example.com You will know what works best for you, and on reaching out we will together understand what is suitable.