London: Maven, Finance and Trading Work Experience Day: Uptree Unique Placement Event online
Thursday, October 7, 2021
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Please note: this event is an online session in accordance with our current company policy regarding public health and hosting events.
There are 25 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, regardless of location, although priority will be given to students in the London area. You will just need a reliable internet connection or be able to telephone dial-in. Please make sure you have access to Zoom from your chosen device.
Time subject to change.
Maven was founded in London in 2011 with 10 employees and now has a global presence with over 200 employees across 5 countries. We value diversity in our workforce and currently have 28 nationalities within our employees. Maven is a proprietary trading firm which means it is 100% employee owned.
Maven’s core values centre around innovation, leadership, and individual and collective success. Maven want their people to achieve all their professional ambitions and change their lives for the better. A successful colleague will be happy, enriched and know they are somewhere they can believe in themselves.
- Introduction and housekeeping
- Welcome by Maven employee and "About us"
- Talk from Maven employee and Q&A
- Speed Networking/Industry task
- Next steps and Conclusion
Extra Opportunity - Maven Coaching
Students who attend this work experience day will be considered for a place on Maven and Future Frontiers coaching programme. 15 applicants will be successful and the coaching will take place across November to December ending before the Christmas break, starting 11th November 2021. For this you'll get:
- Behind the scenes insights into the day-to-day workings of a successful Financial and Trading company
- You will receive 6 hours of 1 to 1 sessions with a Maven employee
- A reference and Linkedin recommendation for any future employment
Who should attend
- Students who will be in Year 12 or Year 13 in September 21 (England and Wales)
- Students who are interested in finding out more about a career in finance or trading.
- Available for mentoring, starting 11th November 2021
- Register for this interactive online session via your Uptree account - there are only 25 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.