London: Ogilvy, Public Relations Work Experience Day In person event
Key informationOgilvy UK Sea Containers House 18 Upper Ground London SE1 9RQ
When: Wednesday 18th May, 10:00 - 4:00.
Who should attend: Year 12 or 13 students who are interested in learning about the advertising industry and/or exploring career options with Ogilvy.
How to apply: Register for this in-person event using your Uptree account. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- 09:45 - 10:00 Arrival.
- 10:00 - 10:30 Welcome to Ogilvy, ice-breaker activity and introduction to the team.
- 10:30 - 11:00 Overview of Public Relations and the work undertaken by PR Team.
- 11:00 - 11:30 Consumer vs. Corporate PR
- 11:30 - 12:00 Creative Strategy
- 12:00 - 12:30 Influence
- 12:30 - 12:45 Career Journeys - How I Got To Ogilvy
- 12:45 - 1:30 Lunch (this will be provided by Ogilvy so no need to bring your own)
- 1:30 - 3:30 Creative Switch-Up
Who are Ogilvy?
Ogilvy is one of the biggest advertising, marketing and public relations agencies in the world. They design and run global advertising campaigns for some of the most recognisable companies.
Ogilvy have six core capabilities: Brand Strategy, Advertising, Customer Engagement and Commerce, PR and Influence, Digital Transformation, and Partnerships, as well as a number of specialist teams covering Social Media, Management Consulting, Islamic Marketing, Behavioural Insights and Data Expertise.
- Register for this in-person event using your Uptree account. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- Priority for spaces for this event will be given to students who meet the criteria above.
- Prioritisation will begin two weeks before the event. If you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event.
- There are only 30 spaces available for this event, so register early to ensure you get a place.
There are 30 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, although priority will be given to students in London. Please make a note of the office location above before applying.
Please note: this is an in-person event and will be hosted at the company's offices. All venues are covid-safe and meet government guidelines of health and safety. If you are allocated a place, you will be sent the company's safety guidelines a week in advance, eg. if masks are to be worn. You will be expected to follow any guidance from the company on the day.
Any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prioritisation for this event will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
Photo and video consent
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media, and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners.
If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to email@example.com
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.