Arm: Level 4 DevOps Engineering Apprentice, Various Locations, 2023 In person placement
Application deadline date:
Placement start date:
Location: Cambridge, Manchester and Sheffield.
To be eligible you will need:
- A valid passport/birth certificate and NI number.
- To have lived in the UK and/or EEA for 3 years prior to apprenticeship start date.
- Be willling to work in England for at least 50% of working time.
- To not be undertaking another apprenticeship or government funded qualification at the same time.
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship.
- OR A-Level in a STEM subject (in Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our Aptitude Test.
- OR BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test.
- OR two years' experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our Aptitude Test.
- An interest in Technologies (e.g. Computer, Software Development/Programming, or tinkering with electronic devices such as smartphones, educational platforms like micro:bits).
- An understanding of what Arm is and does.
- Enjoy solving problems.
Application deadline: 7th April 2023
How To Apply: Apply directly through Arm's website by clicking 'apply' at the top of the page.
About the apprenticeship
This apprenticeship comprises of both paid work and study, allowing you to earn while working towards a Level 4 qualification funded by Arm. Your on-the-job learning is supported by a dedicated mentor at Arm and academic support from our training provider.
Our apprenticeship program is crafted to meet the relevant Apprenticeship Standard and is expected to take two years to complete at which point you will join the team as a DevOps Technician. Our DevOps groups look after Arm’s test farms in our data centers, which consist of Arm-based development boards or servers, used for development and testing. Your role will be focused on hands-on responsibility of maintaining these l data centers and their connection to the network. You’ll be involved in the installation and configuration of the development boards, servers and commercial devices in our hardware labs and you will learn to monitor and maintain our test farm hardware, identify issues, and work with members of the team to debug and resolve any issues.
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. Their processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 120 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer.
Their technology is literally transforming the way people live their lives. Arm are intrinsic to the development of technology in billions of products, which touch the lives of more than 80% of the world's population. From bankers to farmers, students to surgeons, and start-ups to leading companies, they are bringing people and devices increasingly together as the connected world is shaped.
Apply directly through the Arm website by clicking apply now at the top of the page. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible to kick-start your application process!