London: IBM Work Experience, Celebrating Black History Month Online event
Please note: this event is an online session in accordance with our current company policy regarding public health and hosting events.
There are 30 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, regardless of location, although priority will be given to students in London. You will just need a reliable internet connection or be able to telephone dial-in. Please make sure you have access to Zoom from your chosen device.
This online event, hosted by IBM and their internal diversity community group, celebrates Black History Month.
This event will help you to gain work experience around a number of topics, including apprenticeships and careers in the world of technology and business innovation and inclusion at IBM. It's a chance for you to meet professionals, and improve your employability skills, whilst broadening your knowledge on the sorts of roles IBM can offer.
Anyone who attended last years event with Uptree and IBM will tell you how inspiring it was... check out the agenda below and see an example of what you could be in for this year!
- Keynote inspiring speaker and intro to IBM
- Route to Entry (Hear how you could get a role at IBM as a school leaver)
- Inclusion at IBM (Meet a key member of IBM's exec team)
- Interactive quiz
- Panel Q&A session and networking (A chance to connect directly with IBM's industry experts and junior team members)
Who should attend?
- Students in Year 13
- Students with an interest in careers and apprenticeships in technology and business innovation are welcome to apply.
- Register for this interactive online session via your Uptree account - there are only 30 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.