London: IBM, Technology Work Experience Day (Online) Online event
When: Wednesday 6th July, 10:00 - 12:30.
Who should attend: Year 12 students with an interest in careers and apprenticeships in technology and business innovation, and/or an interest in finding out more about IBM.
How to apply: Register for this in-person event using your Uptree account. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- Welcome to IBM, ice-breaker activity and introduction to the team.
- Overview of IBM and their work.
- Inspiring speaker from IBM, followed by a Q&A.
- Speed networking with IBM employees.
- Smaller group activities, working on industry-related tasks.
- Panel Q&A with IBM early careers employees.
- Next steps and pathways into a career with IBM.
Who are IBM?
IBM are one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
They are an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain.
This event will help you to gain work experience around a number of topics, including apprenticeships and careers in the world of technology and business innovation. It's a chance for you to meet professionals and improve your employability skills, whilst broadening your knowledge on the sorts of roles IBM can offer.
- Register for this online event using your Uptree account. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- Priority for spaces for this event will be given to students who meet the criteria above.
- Prioritisation will begin two weeks before the event. If you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event.
- There are only 30 spaces available for this event, so register early to ensure you get a place.
There are 30 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, although priority will be given to students in London. You will just need a reliable internet connection or be able to telephone dial-in. Please make sure you have access to Zoom from your chosen device.
Any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
Prioritisation for this event will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
Photo and video consent
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media, and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners.
If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.