National: Finance, Tech and Business Management: PwC Flying Start Insight Day online
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Please note: this event is an online session.
There are 60 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, regardless of location. You will just need a reliable internet connection or be able to telephone dial-in. Please make sure you have access to Zoom from your chosen device.
PwC is one of the Big Four Accounting Firms that provide professional services to companies worldwide. They specialise in finance, accountancy (audit), advisory, tax and technology.
PwC tackles lots of different issues faced by different organisations, entrepreneurs and private businesses to help them run their organisations better.
The agenda for this session could include:
- Finance, Business Management and Technology career overview
- Interactive industry task (real-life client problem solving)
- Meeting ambassadors from the Flying Start Programme
- Wrap up and Q&A.
Dive into Flying Start and University
Attending this virtual event will give you the chance to discover more about life at PwC. During this interactive session, you'll find out about their flying start programmes, and you'll hear from their people. You'll pick up lots of information about the work they do and the application process, to help you to decide which of the flying start options interests you most and how to get there. In this session, they'll focus particularly on the work they do in finance, business management and technology, how they help their clients, and what it takes to pursue a career in this exciting, fast-changing sector.
So what's Flying Start?
If you want to go to university but you're also keen to begin your career, PwC's Flying Start degree programmes offer the best of both worlds.
You’ll get to work with world-class clients and be part of their highly skilled teams. Studying at university you’ll get to experience the full-time student lifestyle but with integrated paid placements at PwC, you’ll have some money to enjoy it too. You’ll gain a degree and hopefully impress PwC enough to secure a graduate job with them after you graduate.
Who Should Attend
Priority will be given to Year 13 students or S5/S6 students who are predicted 112 UCAS points or can meet the requirements for the programme which can be viewed here: webpage.
Students who are interested in finding out more about PwC apprenticeships, degree-apprenticeships and work experience programmes and are looking at pursuing a career at PwC.
- Register for this interactive online session via your Uptree account - there are only 60 spaces available, so register early to increase your chances of being selected.
- Priority will be given to those students who meet the criteria listed above.
- Prioritisation will begin 2 weeks before the event date; if you register after this time, you might not receive a response from Uptree.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event date.
- If you have not heard from us 7 days before the event date, your application is, unfortunately, unsuccessful for this event.