Verisk: Two-Day Business Work Experience, London In person opportunity
Application deadline date:
Opportunity start date:
When: Tuesday 19th July and Wednesday 20th July. Please note, this date may change.
Where: London. Travel expenses will be covered, with no restrictions on background, socio-economic status or location. Students from both inside and outside of London are encouraged to apply.
Who: Year 13, S6, S5 school leavers or Gap Year students interested in careers in business analysis, software, technology, insurance or finding out more about Verisk. Year 12's are also welcome to attend! There are only 30 spaces available for this event, so register early to ensure you get a place.
How: Once you click apply, you will be taken through to the event page, here you can again click apply and you'll get the chance to submit your application. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- Introduction and welcome to Verisk.
- Who Verisk are and what they do.
- Inspiring speaker and Q&A.
- Speed networking with Verisk employees.
- Industry task.
- Panel Q&A about Verisk.
- Introduction and welcome back.
- Different programmes and opportunities that Verisk offer.
- Explanation of the application process and how to apply.
- Feedback support session around the application process.
- Application task.
- Mock interviews with feedback from Verisk professionals.
- Next steps and conclusion from Verisk.
Who Are Verisk?
Verisk are a software company with over 400 employees based in the UK, Spain and the U.S.A. They specialise in building business software for the specialist insurance market. Their customers operate all over the world.
They have apprenticeship and school leaver opportunities in business analysis, software, technology, insurance and more.
- Once you click apply, you will be taken through to the event page, here you can again click apply and you'll get the chance to submit your application. If you do not have an Uptree account, register here.
- Priority for spaces for this event will be given to students who meet the criteria above.
- Prioritisation will begin two weeks before the event. If you register after this time, you might not receive a response.
- Successful applicants will receive an invitation 1-2 weeks before the event.
- There are only 30 spaces available for this event, so register early to ensure you get a place.
Please note: this is an in-person event that will be hosted at the company's offices. All venues are covid-safe and meet government guidelines of health and safety. If you are allocated a place, you will be sent the company's safety guidelines a week in advance, eg. if masks are to be worn. You will be expected to follow any guidance from the company on the day. Any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
There are 30 spaces available for this event, and all students are welcome to register, regardless of location.
Photo and video consent:
At any Uptree event, including those held online using video conferencing software, we may take photographs or video footage for the purpose of marketing. These images may appear on our website, social media and press releases to create awareness of our brand. We may also share the photographs with our partner companies for them to share across social media. By registering for an event with Uptree, you are permitting Uptree to take/use photographs of you and share them with our partners. If you would not like us to take photographs of you, please let us know by emailing the name of the event and your name to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to online safeguarding policies and to protect all students’ privacy, pictures and screenshots are not allowed to be taken during the session. If you would like to post about your experience on LinkedIn or other social channels, we will be sharing photos from the event in a follow-up email and you are more than welcome to use and share these.